We love our volunteers!
At this point, we are not accepting any more pre-festival applications. If you have submitted an application, someone will get back to you with shift opportunities. We may be accepting more volunteers at the festival, so check in with the volunteer booth upon arrival at the festival if you are still interested in volunteering.
While Festival is Happening
Scheduled Volunteers - when you get to the festival you do have to pay for parking and tent camping, then come to the ticket booth - volunteer check-in is on the back porch of the booth. Be sure to find out where you meet your crew if you don’t know.If you are scheduled to volunteer and need to cancel please email email@example.com asap.
Please read the information below about volunteering and be prepared to make a deposit with a check or credit card when you arrive at the festival if you are still interested.
- There will be limited at-festival volunteer sign-ups
- We can’t use already bought tickets as volunteer deposits
- If you are younger than 16, you’ll need to bring a parent or guardian along with you to your volunteer shift.
- We’ll be checking id’s when you check in as a volunteer, so be sure to bring that with you
- During the festival: you may not alter your assigned shift unless you have confirmed it with all crew chiefs involved
- If at any point you are told you are not needed for your shift, report to the volunteer coordinator to get another assignment or you will be charged your whole deposit.
- Parents volunteering, please find someone to watch your young children while on shift, it’s difficult to volunteer and look after kids at the same time.
Volunteering at a glance
12 hours of volunteering = 4-day pass (or, 3 hours for each day at the festival)
- You are not confirmed to volunteer until a volunteer coordinator contacts you to schedule shifts.
- If you are under 18, you need to fill out a parental consent form, see below.
- Lest you be tempted, DRINKING IS NOT ALLOWED during volunteer shifts. If this policy is violated you will not be eligible as a volunteer in the future.
- Tent campers note: there will be no tent camping without a pass for the next day, ie if you are camping Friday night, you must also have a Saturday wristband.
If you are under the age of 18, you need to fill out a Parental Consent Form, and either:
- bring it with you when you come to the festival, or,
- return it to us at: Volunteer Coordinator, Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd., Pittsboro, NC 27312.
Please contact us with questions.
Volunteer Deposit Policy
(check, credit card, or money order…NO CASH)
4-day deposit: $100
(Add ‘em up for each day and you’ll get your total deposit amount)
- Friday: $35
- Sunday: $25
If you haven’t completed your hours before the festival begins, then we’ll need you to give us a deposit for the full price of the ticket you’re volunteering to earn.
This helps us make sure that everyone keeps their commitments and the festival runs smoothly.
You can give us your deposit like this:
- By giving us a credit card number: on the phone with the volunteer coordinator when you are scheduled, or when you arrive at the festival at volunteer check in
- Bringing a check with you when you check in at the festival
- Bringing a money order with you when you check in at the festival
If you have questions about the deposit requirement, please ask the volunteer coordinator when they contact you.
Once you have put down your deposit and confirmed your volunteer schedule, you are responsible for showing up to fulfill those shifts.
Your deposit will be cashed if you come to the festival and don’t show up for your shifts, this includes if you miss just one shift so be sure to completely fulfill your volunteer commitment.
If you must cancel, you need to do so by the Monday before the festival.
If there in an emergency during the festival and you have to leave the festival without having completed your shift, make sure the volunteer coordinator is aware otherwise, your deposit will be charged.
Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and see you soon!!