We love our volunteers and the festival would not be possible without you. As our festival continues to grow so does our need for awesome, reliable folks that want to be a part of the Shakori family.
The volunteers application for the Spring festival will be posted in early March 2014.
If you are already signed up to volunteer, read the rules and tips below.
While Festival is Happening
Scheduled Volunteers – when you get to the festival you DO have to pay for parking and tent camping, then come to the ticket booth – volunteer check-in is on the back porch of the booth. Be sure to find out where to meet your crew if you don’t know and double-check your shift times. If you are scheduled to volunteer and need to cancel, you must do so before October 3rd, otherwise you will be charged a cancellation fee (equivalent to half of your deposit). We need to be able to rely on the volunteers that we schedule and not be left short-handed during the festival.
Please read the information below about volunteering and be prepared to make a deposit with a check or credit card when you confirm your volunteer schedule:
- There will be limited at-festival volunteer sign-ups
- We can’t use tickets already purchased as volunteer deposits
- If you are younger than 16, you’ll need to bring a parent or guardian along with you to your volunteer shift.
- We’ll be checking id’s when you check in as a volunteer, so be sure to bring that with you
- During the festival: you may not alter your assigned shift unless you have confirmed it with all crew chiefs involved and the Volunteers Coordinator.
- If at any point you are told you are not needed for your shift, report to the volunteer coordinator to get another assignment or you will be charged your whole deposit.
- Parents volunteering, please find someone to watch your young children while on shift, it’s difficult to volunteer and look after kids at the same time.
Volunteering at a glance
12 hours of volunteering = 4-day pass (or, 3 hours for each day at the festival)
- You are not confirmed to volunteer until a volunteer coordinator contacts you to schedule shifts.
- If you are under 18, you need to fill out a parental consent form, see below.
- Lest you be tempted, DRINKING IS NOT ALLOWED during volunteer shifts. If this policy is violated you will not be eligible as a volunteer in the future. Also if you report to a shift under the influence and are unable to work you will need to come to the volunteer check-in and sign up for a make-up shift or you will be charged your whole deposit.
- Tent campers note: there will be no tent camping without a pass for the next day, ie if you are camping Friday night, you must also have a Saturday wristband.
If you are under the age of 18, you need to fill out a Parental Consent Form, and either:
- bring it with you when you come to the festival, or,
- return it to us at: Volunteer Coordinator, Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd., Pittsboro, NC 27312.
Please contact us with questions.
Volunteer Deposit Policy
(check, credit card, or money order…NO CASH)
4-day deposit: $110
(Add ‘em up for each day and you’ll get your total deposit amount! For example if you are volunteering for Thursday, Friday and Saturday your deposit amount will be $114)
- Friday: $38
- Sunday: $28
If you haven’t completed your hours before the festival begins, then we’ll need you to give us a deposit for the full price of the ticket you’re volunteering to earn. ?This helps us make sure that everyone keeps his or her commitments and the festival runs smoothly. Starting this fall when you confirm your shifts with the volunteer coordinator she will get in touch with you to collect your deposit information before the festival.
You can give us your deposit like this:
- By giving us a credit card number: on the phone with the volunteer coordinator when you are scheduled
- Mailing a check or money order to 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd., Pittsboro, NC 27312. If you decide to go this route we need to receive either of these forms by October 7th or your volunteer shifts will be offered to someone on the waiting list.
If you have questions about the deposit requirement, please ask the volunteer coordinator when they contact you.
Once you have put down your deposit and confirmed your volunteer schedule, you are responsible for showing up to fulfill those shifts.
Your deposit will be cashed if you come to the festival and don’t show up for your shifts, this INCLUDES if you miss just one shift so be sure to completely fulfill your volunteer commitment.
If you must cancel, you need to do so by Thursday, October 3rd if you don’t want to be charged a cancellation fee. Exceptions may be made in if there is an emergency but you mush speak with the Volunteer Coordinator.
If there in an emergency during the festival and you have to leave the festival without having completed your shift, make sure the volunteer coordinator is aware or your deposit will be charged. If you can’t talk to the coordinator before leaving, please call the office or email the coordinator as soon as you can.
Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and see you soon!!