The Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance is a nonprofit festival which benefits the Shakori Hills Community Arts Center (SHCAC).
The spring and fall GrassRoots Festivals are easily the largest drivers of revenue for SHCAC with the spring bringing in roughly double the amount of benefit to the center.
Due to the cancellation of the Spring 2020 festival the programs and festival are in jeopardy. We need your support to help keep them going.
The SHCAC hosts music workshops and classes throughout the year as well as programs in schools. Programs like the Junior Appalachian Musicians, Roots in the Schools, Hoppin’ John, and the GrassRoots Festival will be impacted by the quarantine associated with the coronavirus.
SHCAC is a nonprofit in good standing with the Secretary of State of NC and enjoys a Gold rating from Guidestar, the world’s largest source of nonprofit information, for it’s transparency.
The SHCAC brings so much joy to the faces of children and adults alike, and we want it to continue to thrive. Most of the classes offered by SHCAC are low-cost and no-cost programs for children in rural areas of the Piedmont of North Carolina.
Please help us continue the mission of SHCAC to provide culturally significant arts, music and sustainability education and outreach to our local community and schools, while preserving the greenspace of the 72-acre Chatham County homestead.
Even if you can only give a little bit, it will go a long way.
Below are some ways you can support the Shakori Hills Community Arts Center, the presenting organization of the Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival of Music & Dance:
1) You can donate via PayPal using this link.
2) Set SHCAC as your preferred nonprofit on smile.amazon.com and remember to log-in via that link when you do all your Amazon shopping.
This website works the same as Amazon and has all the same products as Amazon, however, you begin at smile.amazon.com and Amazon donates 0.5% of your purchase to Shakori Hills on eligible products.
Amazon Smile Steps:
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com
- Log in
- Type in your Charity/ Organization – Shakori Hills Community Arts Center
- Start Shopping!
3) The third way you can help is by spreading the word on social media, for instance:
- Sharing our blog posts
- Subscribe to the Shakori Sessions Podcast
- Share photos and videos of your time at Shakori Hills and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Subscribe to the Shakori Hills YouTube Channel and send us your old video links so we can add to our Shakori Hills playlist.
With people working remotely and social distancing more than ever before, it is important to stay together as a community. We can help build the Shakori Hills online community, ensure the future of the Shakori Hills Community Arts Center, and spread the Shakori Love!