As the Delta variant of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread throughout the country while we prepare for the return of the 17th Annual Fall Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival this October 7-10, the safety of everyone who attends remains our top priority. We are in communication with the North Carolina and Chatham County Health Departments, and are paying close attention to local, regional and national COVID data.
Based on all of the data and scientific research that we are aware of, vaccination has proven to be the single most effective way to both help prevent transmission and lessen the severity of the virus if contracted. That being said, it has been found that COVID-19 may still be transmitted by vaccinated individuals (breakthrough cases), however, it appears that events held outdoors have lower transmission rates, and are considered safer, than indoor events.
With all of that in mind, we are currently taking the steps below in order to help make this Fall Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival as safe as possible and to help curb the spread of COVID-19:
- We strongly recommend that anyone who attends Fall Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival be vaccinated for their own protection and to help avoid potential healthcare system overloads.
- Proof of mature vaccination (greater than 14 days since final dose) OR a negative COVID-19 test taken no sooner than 72 hours prior to entry will be required from all attendees 12 years and older to be shown at the gate prior to entry. Children under the age of 12 will need a Health Attestation completed at the gate by their parent or legal guardian prior to entry.
- We will require all staff, performers and volunteers of Fall Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival to be vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to entry.
- A Health Attestation from every individual will be required at the gate. Anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19, or who is unvaccinated and has had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, within ten (10) days prior to arriving at Shakori Hills, will not be allowed to attend. Children under the age of 12 will need a Health Attestation completed at the gate by their parent or legal guardian prior to entry.
- Frequent sanitation will occur in all public spots.
- Public hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be readily available throughout the facility.
- Prohibited items:
- No outside alcohol.
- No pets allowed with the exception of certified service animals.
- No fireworks.
- No laser pointers.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No drugs or illegal substances.