Pre-Festival Volunteer Options:
- Set-Up and Tear-down: Help get the festival site ready for and clean up after the big event! Includes work parties on weekends leading up to the festival, as well as Tear Down from the Monday after immediately through the following Sunday, and the following weekend. These crews set up and take down tents, dance floors, stages, signs, lights and much more! The setup and breakdown times are from 9am-4pm on weekends leading up to and following the festival. Shifts are only available for whole day increments. If you can’t fit in the whole day other volunteer crews during the festival involve shorter shifts.
- Decorations Crew: Pre-festival (the Saturday – Tuesday just before the festival in the Mornings) work for those volunteers with a creative eye. Sewing experience, hanging fabric, lights and banners. Making the festival look welcoming.
In-Festival Volunteer Options:
- Compost: Help the festival-goers compost the correct materials at the food vendor area and keep trash out of the compost, empty full compost bins and bring empty ones to the compost area
- Gate Crew: Watch the gates, facilitate traffic flow, and check for wristbands during the festival.
- Hospitality/Kitchen: At the festival all the performers are fed three meals a day also known as hospitality. Volunteers help prepare and serve the food. There are also opportunities for Hospitality volunteers to work in the Pizza Kitchen as well as backstage hospitality (keeping things stocked for the artists) Must be 18 or older! Restaurant experience is a plus.
- Kids Area: There is a designated area that is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10-6. There will be organized projects, games and demonstrations for the kids there. Your job as a volunteer will be to help with the projects and hang out with the kids. If you are a parent you will need to have someone watch your child while you are working your volunteer hours. All children will be accompanied by an adult. If you are more interested in working with kids ages 14-18 ask about volunteer at the Outpost.
- Merchandise Shack: Selling Grassroots t-shirts and the performers merchandise (CDs, tapes, etc.).
- Parking: Directing cars to their parking spots. This is an area of particular need, so if you really want to help out, this is the crew for you!
- Stage Help: All the stages need people to help everything run smoothly … stage managing, production, EmCeeing, DJing. Also, a small number of experienced stage techs are needed to work with professional crews on sound, lights, and recording/archiving
- Ticket Booth: Checking confirmation numbers, giving people their wristbands, selling tickets and greeting people as they enter the festival. This position does require serious and responsible volunteers especially since you will be handling money.
- Trash & Recycling: This job consists of picking up trash cans & recycle bins and emptying them, moving stuff to another location. Also picking up trash seen anywhere on the grounds.
- Volunteer Check-in: Help check yourself in! Responsible for checking volunteers in and make sure they are oriented with festival grounds and that they know their responsibilities as volunteers.