Point blank, if it weren’t for our volunteers, there would be no Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival! We love adore our volunteers and it is their work that sets Shakori Hills apart from the rest.
We know you want to be a part of Shakori Hills volunteer family by giving time and energy to create festival magic. Simply click the button below and then register for your shifts. If you don’t have an account then you’ll need to create one first.
Everyone wishing to volunteer must complete this form first. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch soon after receiving your information.
First-time volunteers please make sure to read this entire page before signing up.
If you have not volunteered before or just need a quick review, please visit our Volunteer FAQ page.
While Festival is Happening
- When you get to the festival you DO have to pay for parking and tent camping.
- Come to the ticket booth – volunteer check-in is at the side window of the booth (next to artist check-in).
- Be sure to find out where to meet your crew if you don’t know, and double-check your shift times.
- Be prepared with your Photo ID and a credit or debit card for your deposit.
Unfortunately, the last couple of festivals, some have left us feeling short-handed by not showing up to their volunteer shifts. We need to be able to rely on the volunteers that we schedule. Because of this, we will be collecting a deposit in the amount of the ticket price you were volunteering for if you do not show up for your shifts. Cancellation exceptions may be made if there is an emergency, but you must speak with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Please read the information below about volunteering:
- There will be very limited at-festival volunteer sign-ups – sign up ahead of time and get your choice of crew and shift.
- If you are younger than 16, you’ll need to bring a parent or guardian along with you to your volunteer shift.
- If you are under 18 you must check in with a parent or guardian.
- We’ll be checking id’s when you check in as a volunteer, so be sure to bring that with you.
- During the festival: you may not alter your assigned shift.
- If at any point you are told you are not needed for your shift, report to the volunteer check-in to get another assignment.
- Parents volunteering, please find someone to watch your young children while on shift, it’s difficult to volunteer and look after kids at the same time.
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
- 12 hours of volunteering = 4-day pass (or, 4 hours for 3 days at the festival).
- CLICK HERE FOR Crew Descriptions.
- If you have completed the Volunteer Application but have not heard from the Volunteer Coordinator, please go to the volunteer check in to get your assignment.
- Lest you be tempted, DRINKING IS NOT ALLOWED during volunteer shifts. If this policy is violated you will not be eligible as a volunteer in the future.
- Also if you report to a shift under the influence and are unable to work you will need to come to the volunteer check-in and sign up for a make-up shift or you will be charged your whole deposit.
Parental Consent Forms
If you are under 18, your parent will need to fill out a parental consent form:
If you are under the age of 18, you need to fill out a Parental Consent Form and either bring it with you when you come to the festival, or, return it to us at:
1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd.
Pittsboro, NC 27312.
Please contact us with questions.
The GrassRoots Festival is a non-profit organization, which raises money for arts, education, and other area non-profits. It is the intent of the organization to create a free, relaxed, and open community during the event. It does this by operating almost completely through the effort of over 500 volunteers! However, if even one volunteer does not show up to one of their shifts, it effects the efficiency of the operations of the festival and, in order to compensate for that vacancy, a great deal of extra work by others is necessary, which the deposit does not actually cover. A deposit communicates the festival’s need for you to keep your commitment, and if necessary, allows a volunteer to take some responsibility for not having done so. Please, fulfill your obligation, not to get your deposit back, but to contribute to the amazing, self-run city that we all create each year! In the spirit of the GrassRoots Festival community – fulfill your shifts.
Thank you for Volunteering! We couldn’t do it without you!
Still have questions? Send an email to: email@example.com
Thanks and see you soon!!